Chef Edlear's Note:
Not-too-sweet vegan rice pudding, great for breakfast or afternoon snack. Recipe is from The Complete Vegan Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the rice with the 5 cups of soy milk, the pears, sucanat, cinnamon and salt.
- 2Over medium heat, bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- 3Cook uncovered, stirring, for about 15 minutes.
- 4Lower the heat to medium-lo, and continue to cook, stirring, until the rice is tender and the liquid is almost all absorbed, about 15 more minutes. Stir frequently to prevent scorching.
- 5Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and the remaining 2 tablespoons of soy milk.
- 6serve warm.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arborio Rice Pudding With Pears - Vegan
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.5
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 212.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: