Recipe by Chef Edlear
Not-too-sweet vegan rice pudding, great for breakfast or afternoon snack. Recipe is from The Complete Vegan Cookbook.
- 1 cup raw arborio rice
- 5 cups soymilk
- 2 tablespoons soymilk
- 2 cups diced unpeeled pears
- 1⁄4 cup sucanat or 1⁄4 cup other vegan sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the rice with the 5 cups of soy milk, the pears, sucanat, cinnamon and salt.
- Over medium heat, bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Cook uncovered, stirring, for about 15 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium-lo, and continue to cook, stirring, until the rice is tender and the liquid is almost all absorbed, about 15 more minutes. Stir frequently to prevent scorching.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and the remaining 2 tablespoons of soy milk.
- serve warm.