Recipe by seahorse73
The pudding should be served warm; You can make 1 hour ahead and keep warm by holding it in a warm water bath.
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed dried currants or 1⁄2 cup dark raisin
- whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan combine rice, whipping cream, milk and cinnamon sticks over medium heat.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender, 20-30 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in sugar until dissolved.
- Stir in golden raisins and currants; cool, 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove cinnamon sticks from pudding.
- Divide warm pudding among serving bowls and top each serving with a spoonful of whipped cream, if desired.