The pudding should be served warm; You can make 1 hour ahead and keep warm by holding it in a warm water bath.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large saucepan combine rice, whipping cream, milk and cinnamon sticks over medium heat.
- 2Bring to a gentle simmer and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender, 20-30 minutes.
- 3Remove mixture from heat and stir in sugar until dissolved.
- 4Stir in golden raisins and currants; cool, 15 minutes, stirring often.
- 5Remove cinnamon sticks from pudding.
- 6Divide warm pudding among serving bowls and top each serving with a spoonful of whipped cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arborio Rice Pudding with Currants and Dark Brown Sugar
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 840.6
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.4 g
- Cholesterol 131.4 mg
- Sodium 85.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 54.2 g
- Protein 11.0 g