Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A creamy dessert.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- In a saucepan bring water to boil.
- Add rice and butter, bring back to boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Add hot milk and sugar, cook over medium heat until creamy, 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add raisins, vanilla, zest, cinnamon during the last few minutes of cooking time.
- Remove from heat, stir in sour cream.
First off I have to say that I liked this but didn't love it. I like my rice pudding a bit creamier. Didn't find that it had the texture that I liked. With that said, the taste was very nice....very subtle. Thanks for posting, Chia !
Yummy!! This is much quicker than the rice pudding I normally make. It is not overly sweet and has a slight touch of lemon taste. I had never used arborio rice before and I must admit that it makes a nice rice pudding. My family enjoyed this very much and I will be making it again. Thank you for sharing.
This is a very good rice pudding recipe. It was so creamy. The only change I made was I omitted the raisins because the rest of the family don't like them. I will certainly make this again. Thanks chia