1/1 Photo of Arborio Rice Italian Salad
My whole family loves this alternative to pasta salad. It's a great gluten free and dairy free (switch out oil for the butter) option. This is a modification of a recipe found on the Alessi Brand arborio rice box.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons butter (or olive oil if dairy free)
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olive, sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup artichoke heart, diced
- 1/2 cup broccoli, flower-ettes small pieces- blanched al dente
- 1/2 cup thousand hills tm 100% grass-fed beef uncured summer sausage, diced (or other brand, gluten free, no MSG or fillers)
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, whisked together with
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- freshly ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1Bring 3 C of salted water to boil in heavy saucepan with tight fitting lid. Add butter and rice. Stir while boiling for 1 minute. Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook rice undisturbed for 18-20 minute Fluff and allow to cool.
- 2While rice is cooling, blanch the broccoli, toast the pine nuts and chop the other ingredients.
- 3Transfer the rice and all ingredients to a serving bowl and toss to coat. Best served at room temp but can also be chilled.
- 4Play with the ingredients to your liking.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arborio Rice Italian Salad
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.7
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 245.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar