Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A middle eastern dish, these are mini meat calzones. Serve these with hummus, arabic salad or pickles for mezze or starters. Please note, for baharat spice mix, you may go to Baharat Spice Blend.
- 500 g ground lamb (minced)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baharat mixed spice, Baharat Spice Blend
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 50 g pine nuts, roasted
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 flat bread or 5 arabic bread
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 4/350F/180°C.
- In a large bowl, add in the minced lamb, with the chopped onion and tomato, crushed garlic, salt, spice mix, parsley, lemon juice and toasted pine nuts and mix well.
- Cut bread into quarters.
- Open up the quartered bread pieces and spread a heaped tablespoonful of meat mixture in a thin layer into one side of the bread and press down to close.
- Brush both sides of the bread with oil.
- Place on a baking tray and bake in the centre shelf of the oven for half an hour, turning once after 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with hummus.