Top Review by craigsusan
FROM: Susan On November 7, 2009 This was just as good as any I have had at a Middle Eastern restaurant. I have been passing this around to lots of my friends. I can't wait to make it for my son-in-law who is from Beirut.
- 500 g ground lamb (minced)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baharat mixed spice, Baharat Spice Blend
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 50 g pine nuts, roasted
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 flat bread or 5 arabic bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 4/350F/180°C.
- In a large bowl, add in the minced lamb, with the chopped onion and tomato, crushed garlic, salt, spice mix, parsley, lemon juice and toasted pine nuts and mix well.
- Cut bread into quarters.
- Open up the quartered bread pieces and spread a heaped tablespoonful of meat mixture in a thin layer into one side of the bread and press down to close.
- Brush both sides of the bread with oil.
- Place on a baking tray and bake in the centre shelf of the oven for half an hour, turning once after 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with hummus.