Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
Hailstone Salad. Not a beginners tofu recipe
- 24 ounces tofu
- 2 small carrots
- 1 tablespoon diced leeks or 1 tablespoon onion
- 1 tablespoon diced cucumber pickle
- 1 tablespoon red miso
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon shoyu or 1 teaspoon soy sauce or 1 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vinegar
- cut the tofu into 1/2 inch cubes or 2 inch matchsticks.
- Cut the carrots into matchsticks. You can also use 1 3/4 ounces narazuke pickles.
- You can use diced pickled red gingerroot in place of the cucumber pickles.
- Combine first four ingredients in bowl.
- Make dressing.
- Add to vegetables.
- Toss lightly.
I made this last night, and I loved it! My partner didn't, but he hates ethnic food and doesn't like tofu, so who cares? I'm assuming shoyu is soy sauce, because that's what I used. :)