Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Taken from the Voluptuous Vegan cookbook - with all of the benefits of a mild sea vegetable, this salsa will appeal to all kinds of eaters!
- 1 cup dried arame seaweed (1 oz)
- 1 cup apple cider or 1 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, cut into small cubes (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 scallion, finely sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup minced red onion
- 1 small jalapeno, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Soak the arame in water for 20 minutes.
- Drain, then place in a medium skillet with the apple cider.
- Simmer, uncovered, until the cider has completely evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the arame to a bowl and let it sit for a few minutes to cool.
- Add other ingredients and mix thoroughly.