Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
A rolled turkey sandwich from a Sunset cookbook. Great picnic food
- 2 lavash bread, 15 inch rounds
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup mango chutney
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 lb smoked turkey, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 small English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- Hold 1 lavosh under cold running water until thoroughly moistened, wetting both sides, about 1 minute.
- Place on damp towel, Cover with another damp towel.
- Repeat with second lavosh.
- Let stand until soft enough to roll, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, chutney and curry in food processor until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 lavosh on flat surface.
- Spread half of cream cheese mixture over bread.
- Arrange 3 or 4 lettuce leaves on one end of lavosh (about 1/3 of the lavosh).
- Top lettuce with ½ of the smoked turkey, ½ of the cucumber slices, ½ of the tomato and ½ of the onion.
- Roll bread up tightly, jellyroll fashion, starting at the end with the filling on it.
- Repeat with second lavosh and other ½ of the filling ingredients.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving time.
- Can be prepared one day ahead.
- Cut rolls diagonally into 1-inch thick slices.