1/4 Photos of Aragonese Potatoes Au Gratin (Patatas Gratinadas De Aragon)
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
A recipe untried by me but I am posting for ZWT - Spain. I found this recipe on "About.com" and here is what was stated: This potatoes and cheese recipe is from the region Aragon, in northeast Spain. It is easy, and uses ingredients that are probably in your pantry – potatoes, eggs, milk, cheese and bacon. Moist, not runny, this dish has solid consistency – a bit like a layered Spanish potato omelet with bacon. Note: If sheep cheese is unavailable, use another sharp cheese, such as aged Monterey Jack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If sheep cheese is unavailable, use another sharp cheese, such as aged Monterey Jack.
- 2Heat the oven to 360F (180C) degrees.
- 3Peel and cut the potatoes in thin slices (1/8-inch thick). Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- 4Cut the bacon lengthwise in strips and lightly fry them in a pan. Remove and allow to drain on a paper towel.
- 5Oil bottom and sides of a 9-inch by 12-inch glass baking dish. Place a layer of potatoes on the bottom. Lay julienned onions and a couple strips of bacon on top to create another layer. Repeat this process until all potatoes, onions and bacon have been used.
- 6Beat the eggs and milk together, and pour over the potato mixture.
- 7Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and place in hot oven for 60 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the grated cheese over the top. Return to oven uncovered for another 5-10 minutes.
- 8When cheese has melted, remove from oven and decorate with thyme if desired. Cut into squares and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aragonese Potatoes Au Gratin (Patatas Gratinadas De Aragon)
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.7
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 59.8 mg
- Sodium 180.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 9.2 g