1/1 Photo of Araby Spice Cake
We enjoy this cake. It comes from a 1940 publication by Kitchen Craft Recipes. It stands the testo f time and it is easily made. Try it, you and your family will like it. I recommend Mocha Icing for frosting
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour, measure; sift again with baking powder, soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- 2Cream shortening; add sugar gradually, creaming until light and fluffy.
- 3Add unbeaten eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4Add cooled melted chocolate; add nut meats.
- 5Add flavourings to milk.
- 6Add flour mixture and milk alternately, beating until smooth after each addition.
- 7Pour into 2 well-greased 9 inch layer cake pans.
- 8Bake in moderate oven (375°F) for 30 minutes or until done.
- 9Remove cake from pans and cool on rack.
- 10When cool, frost with Mocha Frosting or Chocolate Seven Minute Frostings.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Araby Spice Cake
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.4
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 245.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 6.0 g