Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
an intoxicating blend of spices and sweetness with the best meat from a chicken:: thighs. i serve it over rice
- 12 dried small red chilies
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons oil, seperate from harissa oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (2 lb) package chicken thighs, bone in
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1. fry onions in 2tbsp of oil.
- 2. add chicken, cook white on 1 side.
- 3. flip chicken, dump harissa over it, fry until it sears.
- 4. add water and tomato sauce.
- 5. sprinkle with cinnamon and honey, add raisins.
- 6. cover, reduce heat to simmer.
- 7. cook at least 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- serve over rice.
This was excellent and it was enjoyed a lot. I did skip the raisins from personal choice but it was still rich and well flavored. The chicken came out very tender and moist. It was served with brown rice pilaf and a carrot salad and made a great meal. * Update:I have made this again, this time with the raisins and tripling the cinnamon. DH tried it this time and fell in love saying that it's one of the best things he's even eaten! I guess there you can teach an old dog a new trick if you work on it long enough, lol.