Recipe by Hommus
This is a basic Arabic Rice Recipe that is easy to cook ,without meat. It made with vermicelli (thin noodles). It excellent with stew recipes or any main dish.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 cup vermicelli (broken into 1-inch pieces)
- 3 1⁄2 cups hot chicken broth or 3 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute vermicelli (thins noddles broken into 1" pieces) in oil on low heat, stirring constantly until brown.
- Add Rice,salt, mix, add hot chicken broth or hot water, stir once, bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and broth is absorbed.
- Ready to serve. Excellent with any stew recipe or any main dish.