1/1 Photo of Arabic Pretzels (Baqsam)
1 hr 20 mins
Very well known Pretzels in Arabic countries. We call it Baqsam .. it's a dry biscuit with sesame, nice as a snack with afternoon tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water + sugar.
- 2Mix the dry ingredients, milk powder + flour + (aniseed or the cumin).
- 3Mix all together and knead for 10 minutes.
- 4Cover and let rise until double for around 30 minutes.
- 5Punch down.
- 6Roll the dough into rectangle 10 x 20 cm and cut into 3 cm strings.
- 7Fold the string and role gently with hand in sesame, shape it the way you like or leave as sticks.
- 8Place on greased cookie sheet, cover and allow to rise for 10 minutes.
- 9Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes. Reduce to 120°F for another 10 minutes to let it dry if desired.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arabic Pretzels (Baqsam)
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.8
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 4.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g