Recipe by Abeer0873
Very well known Pretzels in Arabic countries. We call it Baqsam .. it's a dry biscuit with sesame, nice as a snack with afternoon tea.
- 29.58 ml active dry yeast
- 414.03 ml warm water
- 946.36 ml bread flour
- 59.14 ml powdered milk
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml anise seed or 14.79 ml cumin
- 236.59 ml sesame
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in warm water + sugar.
- Mix the dry ingredients, milk powder + flour + (aniseed or the cumin).
- Mix all together and knead for 10 minutes.
- Cover and let rise until double for around 30 minutes.
- Punch down.
- Roll the dough into rectangle 10 x 20 cm and cut into 3 cm strings.
- Fold the string and role gently with hand in sesame, shape it the way you like or leave as sticks.
- Place on greased cookie sheet, cover and allow to rise for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes. Reduce to 120°F for another 10 minutes to let it dry if desired.