Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted for ZWT6 - NA*ME Region - Found on a website dedicated to middle eastern recipes - mainly Kuwait. Sounds delicious for sure!
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Spray an 10" round baking pan with non stick spray.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla together until it whitens. Add the melted butter and mix well.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and add to egg mixture and mix gently.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake 10-12 minutes.
- While cake is baking prepare the topping by melting the additional 1/2 c butter over medium heat and then adding the rest of the ingredients. Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- When the first 12 minutes of baking time ends, remove cake from oven and gently pour the topping mixture over the cake.
- Return the cake to the oven and bake another 15-20 minutes until completely baked.
- Pour the topping gently on the cake and return it to the oven for another 15-20 minute.
wow this IS very very good, at first i was worried from a comment that i read that it wasn't gonna turn out right but it's EASY to make and even EASIER to eat lol... my kids LOVED it. If you follow EXACTLY what the recipe says to do u shouldn't have any problems! Thank you 4 this recipe
I would cook the cake a bit longer before putting the topping on. It mostly sank to the bottom. Otherwise not bad. Very sweet (I'd add less sugar next time). But moist, good flavor. Just the issue with the topping. It kind of has to be eaten with a spoon like a pudding, can't really be picked up, but it's worth it.
DELICIOUS! We loved this cake ~ simple flavor that really pops with the topping. I used Splenda in the cake portion and brown sugar in the topping portion. DH was especially appreciative :) Thanks for posting Hokies ~ made for ZWT6 ~ NA*ME Region and the Queens of Quisine!