Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Traditional Arabic Dessert eaten with Attar syrup. Try Attar " Syrup" Middle East, Palestine for the syrup.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup semolina
- 1⁄3 cup clarified butter
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- oil (for frying)
- attar sugar syrup (cold)
- Mix flour and semolina in a deep pot.
- Add butter (hot) and mix it well together.
- Place yeast in a warm water with sugar till dissolve .Add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture.
- Add the water and mix it well until you got firm dough, leave to rest for 10 minutes, roll out and cut into a small finger’s shape. Press on each finger on a grater to take the curved shape with the groves of the grater.
- Fry in a hot oil.
- Remove from fryer and place on a kitchen towel, dip in the syrup. Remove to get rid of excess syrup and serve.