Recipe by Annacia
The Persian Gulf was the location for given with this recipe. It should be appropriate to pretty much all of North Africa and the Middle East though. If your not familiar with rose water go very easy with it to start (no more than 2 Tbsp) and add more if you wish. Rose water is potent.
Top Review by Baby Kato
OMG Annacia, this is the best coffee I have made all year. Wow, is it good. The rose water really elevates the coffee and adds something special to all these beautiful spices. Love spices, love coffee, this was a no brainer for me. Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe which I have put into my Favorites Cookbook for 2012. Kudos to you my friend.
- 6 cups pure water
- 1⁄3 cup arabic coffee, ground
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 6 cardamom pods, partially opened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron
- 1⁄3 cup rose water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 6 cups of water in a large pan with the cardamom powder.
- 2. Before the water boils, add the coffee and stir several times. Leave to boil for a minute or two.
- 3. Remove from heat and leave for a few minutes for the coffee to settle.
- 4. Pour the coffee in a kettle but leave the settled coffee at the bottom of the pan. Add in the cardamom pods, saffron, and rosewater.
- 5. Place the kettle over low heat and when it starts to boil, remove and serve hot in small cups.