Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Somehow I find the idea of saffron in my coffee just a touch decadent but very nice, :D. Sweeten as/if you like.
- 3 cups pure water
- 2 tablespoons arabic coffee
- 3 tablespoons ground cardamom, powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron
- Put 3 cups of water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the coffee and boil over low flame. Turn the heat off after 5 minutes and leave the coffee to clear.
- Pour the coffee into a kettle, leaving the coffee to settle in the pot.
- Add in the cardamom and saffron to the kettle of coffee and boil once before serving in small cups.
Delicious way to start the day! I've never tried saffron in coffee before, and I liked it a lot. As I'm the only one who drinks this, I halved the recipe. Like BK, I also added some sugar, which was perfect. Thanks for sharing!<br/>Made for Let's Go to Saudi Arabia / N*AM*E Forum June 2013
Wonderful coffee Annacia, quick and so easy to make. This is a beautiful exotic coffee that I enjoyed very much. Loved the cardamom and saffron combination. I did add sugar for a perfect cup of coffee. I enjoyed it so much that I drank the whole pot myself. Kudos my friend....