Recipe by Ratatouilleee
This is a chilli sauce from Lebanon. It's called Mohamara. You can eat it with Fatayers (pastries), meat pies, etc.
- 12 dried chilies
- 2 tablespoons ground breadcrumbs
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cleaned walnuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground dried coriander
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup thickened pomegranate juice
- 1 dash ground coffee
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak chilies in hot oil until soft. Remove seeds and membranes. Process chilies with onion until mixture becomes smooth.
- Add walnuts. Process until smooth.
- Stir in breadcrumbs, dried coriander, coffee, salt, and cumin.
- Stir in lemon juice, pomegranate juice, and olive oil.
- Serve in a platter, garnished with walnuts and olive oil.