1/2 Photos of Arabic Cardamom Shortbread (Gorayba)
These cookies are made all over the Middle East. Each country and each household has their favourite recipe. The traditional shape is a horse shoe with the 2 ends pinched together and a nut is placed where they meet. I only do that if I am receiving guests or for a special occasion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt ghee in a saucepan on the stove.
- 2Add icing sugar to ghee and mix till sugar is completely dissolved.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Add cardamom and gradually add in the flour and baking soda.
- 5Mix well. dough should not stick to your hand.
- 6Add more flour if necessary.
- 7Roll 1 tsp of dough at a time into balls.
- 8Place onto an oven tray, flatten slightly.
- 9Place a nut of your choice in the middle of each cookie.
- 10Bake at 180°C for 10 minutes, or until tops are cream.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arabic Cardamom Shortbread (Gorayba)
Serving Size: 1 (12 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.5
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.7 mg
- Sodium 12.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 0.6 g