Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
One dish meal and so easy to make. Uses pork chops, long grain rice, stewed tomatoes and vegetables.
- 4 lean pork chops (remove excess fat)
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, any flavor, reserve juice
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 green pepper, sliced in rings
- 4 slices onions
- 2 cups tomato juice (use reserved juice and add enough water to make 2 cups liquid)
- Brown pork chops in pan with cooking spray.
- till about 1/2 done.
- Drain tomatoe juice into measuring cup.
- Squeeze tomatoes to get out excess juice. Add enough water to make 2 cups liquid.
- Pour rice into bottom of prepared baking dish.
- and even out.
- Lay pork chops in single layer over rice.
- On each chop put one slice of green pepper, onion and tomato.
- If you have extra vegetables chop and shrinkle over casserole.
- Pour reserved tomato juice over te top.
- Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until rice is tender.
I was rather shocked at how good this dish was. I honestly thought it would be rather bland but the flavors melded together beautifully. The only change I made in the recipe was that I added a clove of minced garlic to the juice that I poured over everthing. It was very easy to toss together and in an hour with the addition of crusty bread and chocolate cake we had a wonderful meal that both my daughters announced was to go in the keeper file for sure. Thanks for posting this great recipe.
I stumbled on this recipe when I was looking for something that used long grain rice. It is easy to prepare and it looks beautiful. Best of all...my family loves it!