Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Spinach is a good combination with the crunch of chickpeas. Healthy meal and easy to prepare.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 400 g spinach, washed and shredded
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (425 g) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large wok, fry onion in oil for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the garlic and cumin, and then fry for another minute.
- Add spinach in stages, stirring until leaves begin to wilt.
- Stir in chickpeas, butter and salt and pepper to taste.
This is very close to one of my favorite recipies.Try throwing in some kufti (meat balls), serve over rice topped with yougert. Mmmmmmmmmm
Awesome!Exotic flavors but easy to prepare.I added ground coriander seed as I thought it would go well,also sprinkled red pepper flakes as a garnish.Served with lemon rice.A quick and delicious vegetarian meal.Thanks for the idea.
This is a mild flavoured dish that allows the natural flavours of the spinach and chickpeas to shine through, so be sure to use the best of these you can find. I used 300 grams of baby spinach leaves and everything else as listed, serving the finished dish on basmati rice. Adding the juice of half a lemon greatly enhanced the flavour. Next time I might try adding some extra spices and vine-ripened tomatoes.