Recipe by Sage
A different rice dish from One Thousand And One Delights
Top Review by littlemafia
We've made this rice several times during ZWT6. Dh always asks for it. This recipe didn't work out as well as another one I made. It needed more vermicelli and double amount of water. Taste was improved by using a chicken cube.It was delicious.
- 2 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Break vermicelli noodles in small pieces; fry with butter till slightly brown.
- Add boiling water and salt. Stir till boiling.
- Add rice slowly. Let it boil before covering. Stir.
- Put a thin layer of tin foil under the pan to prevent burning. Reduce heat to low and leave to cook for 30 minutes.
- Open the pan. Stir the top and see if rice is done. If rice is still a little hard, cover and cook longer.
- Serve with any vegetables.