Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This simple dessert makes the perfect ending to a family dinner. Easy to prepare with very few ingredients, this always gets wows from everyone. You can use either fresh or dried dates.
- 500 g pitted dates
- 4 large bananas
- 500 ml fresh single cream
- 1 teaspoon rose water (optional)
- freshly grated nutmeg
- Slice the bananas and halve the dates.
- Arrange in layers either in 4 individual glass dishes, or in one large glass dish.
- Sprinkle with the rosewater.
- Pour over the cream, and top with freshly-grated nutmeg to taste.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is pretty good. I used Saudi Arabian dried dates that were not very hard, nice ripe bananas, 10% table cream, Iranian rose water (which is superior) & ground allspice sprinkled on top in place of the freshly grated nutmeg as we do not consume intoxicants. Made as a part of Suhoor (the meal before dawn and fajr prayer in the month of Ramadan)
Extremely easy to make and it was very nice with pitted dates. It would be fantastic with fresh dates.