Recipe by Elmotoo
Always on the lookout for yummy recipes & needing to improve my collection of North African/Middle Eastern recipes...here we go! This looks fast, easy & yummy!
Top Review by COOKGIRl
My husband and I loved this! I made one big change-and that was I served the dish hot. After steaming the cauliflower I immediately stirred in the tahini mixture and garnished with the parsley and lemon wedges. (I think to thin the mixture I must have added close to 3 tablespoons.) I could only imagine what this would taste like by roasting the cauliflower. Thanks for sharing. cg ;)
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tahini, any lumps mashed with a fork
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce or 1 dash cayenne
- 3 -5 tablespoons water, as needed
- paprika, for garnish
- chopped parsley, and for garnish or cilantro, for garnish
- lemon wedge, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the cauliflower by steaming or boiling until just tender; do not overcook! Drain and set aside.
- Mix the garlic with the tahini, cumin and lemon juice. Season with salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce.
- At this point the mixture is a dense thick paste. Add a little water, tablespoon by tablespoon, until the mixture is creamy, then mix with the cauliflower.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- At serving time, garnish with a sprinkle of paprika, chopped parsley/cilantro and/or lemon wedges.