1/2 Photos of Arabian Butternut Squash Casserole
MA HIKER's Note:
This is unusual but delicious. A tasty way to prepare butternut squash. I make a big batch of this on Sunday night and bring it to lunch all week. I cook the squash by halving a large one and roasting it in the oven at 350 degrees for about an hour. Let it cool and scrap out the delicious meat! Adapted from the classic Moosewood Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Place the mashed squash in a large bowl.
- 3Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- 4Spread into an ungreased 9-inch square or 7 by 11 baking pan.
- 5Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 6Optional - sprinkle the top lightly with sunflower seeds or minced walnuts - I usually omit this step. You may also saute the onions before adding and use fresh red peppers which you saute as well.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arabian Butternut Squash Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.3
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 37.3 mg
- Sodium 679.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 8.5 g