Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of my favourite spice mixes is Arab Spice Mix #425448 by Dienia B. I made this recipe up to use some of it, and we liked it so much that I post it here for safe keeping - I probably won't be able to reproduce it otherwise! The amounts are aproximately because I just threw the ingredients together eyeballing them. For the nut butter I used a mixed nut butter of cashews, hazelnuts, almonds and peanuts. You can use almond or cashew butter only or one of them mixed with a little peanut butter, but don't used peanut butter only because it will dominate the pomegranate flavour.
- 2 chicken breast halves, cubed 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon arab mixed spice, Arab Spice Mix
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, virgin
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate syrup
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup water, hot
- 1⁄3 tablespoon smooth cashew butter
- 1⁄3 tablespoon almond butter
- 1⁄4 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- Heat the coconut oil and brown the chicken pieces.
- Add raisins and spice mix, stir fry for some more seconds.
- Add pomegranate and maple syrup, stir and deglaze with water.
- Bring to a boil, the add nut butter, stir until dissolved.
- Serve immediately with rice and vegetables or salad of choice.