Mia in Germany's Note:
One of my favourite spice mixes is Arab Spice Mix #425448 by Dienia B. I made this recipe up to use some of it, and we liked it so much that I post it here for safe keeping - I probably won't be able to reproduce it otherwise! The amounts are aproximately because I just threw the ingredients together eyeballing them. For the nut butter I used a mixed nut butter of cashews, hazelnuts, almonds and peanuts. You can use almond or cashew butter only or one of them mixed with a little peanut butter, but don't used peanut butter only because it will dominate the pomegranate flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken breast halves, cubed 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon arab mixed spice, Arab Spice Mix
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, virgin
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate syrup
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2-3/4 cup water, hot
- 1/3 tablespoon smooth cashew butter
- 1/3 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/4 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1Heat the coconut oil and brown the chicken pieces.
- 2Add raisins and spice mix, stir fry for some more seconds.
- 3Add pomegranate and maple syrup, stir and deglaze with water.
- 4Bring to a boil, the add nut butter, stir until dissolved.
- 5Serve immediately with rice and vegetables or salad of choice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arab Spice Mix Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.0
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 64.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 16.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
smooth cashew butter