Recipe by Scoutie
A few things I might try: I would use parchment paper to line the cookie sheets.Check on the temperature, they might need at least 12 minutes. If using the candied orange peel, finely chop it.Let dough come to room temp before baking. From Food Network. Posted for ZWT 6
Top Review by queenbeatrice
My DD mixed the ingredients for these and I noticed when they were already in the oven that the baking soda was on the "ingredients not used yet" side. Oops.......... they did however turn out lovely. They needed 11 minutes baking time, bottoms were nice and golden and they had a nice chewy middle.
- 118.29 ml light brown sugar
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 78.07 ml molasses
- 9.85 ml powdered ginger
- 2.46 ml cardamom powder
- 2.46 ml powdered clove
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 532.32 ml flour
- 236.59 ml candied orange peel, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the brown sugar, 1/2 cup of the sugar, and the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and molasses, and incorporate well.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture.
- Mix well, then gently fold in the candied orange peel,if using.
- Place dough in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, dip the top half of the cookie in the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, coating them well.
- Place 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Use a spatula to remove the cookies from the sheet and let cool.