1/1 Photo of Aquavit's Gingersnap Cookies
A few things I might try: I would use parchment paper to line the cookie sheets.Check on the temperature, they might need at least 12 minutes. If using the candied orange peel, finely chop it.Let dough come to room temp before baking. From Food Network. Posted for ZWT 6
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered clove
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup candied orange peel, coarsely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a medium bowl, cream together the brown sugar, 1/2 cup of the sugar, and the butter until light and fluffy.
- 3Add the egg and molasses, and incorporate well.
- 4Sift together the dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture.
- 5Mix well, then gently fold in the candied orange peel,if using.
- 6Place dough in the refrigerator until chilled.
- 7Shape dough into 1-inch balls, dip the top half of the cookie in the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, coating them well.
- 8Place 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- 9Bake for 7 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 10Use a spatula to remove the cookies from the sheet and let cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aquavit's Gingersnap Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1048 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.3
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 58.3 mg
- Sodium 332.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 30.8 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
candied orange peel