Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
After watching Zodiac I wanted to make the drink Aqua Velvet which they had drank in the movie. Not being able to find it I came up with this. This takes place in the late 1960's and through the 70's on the West coast.Where Polynesian food was popular in the 1960s and on.... So I figured it must be in the order of a Blue Hawaiian (popular then) adding the cream of coconut for the velvet. Enjoy my take of a drink from Zodiac while watching it.
- 3⁄4 ounce rum
- 3⁄4 ounce vodka
- 1⁄2 ounce blue curacao
- 2 1⁄2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 ounce prepared sweet-and-sour mix
- 1⁄2 ounce cream of coconut
- ice (optional)
- Pour all ingredients over ice in a hurricane glass.
- Garnish with fresh pineapple wedge and or serve with a cocktail umbrella to spear maraschino cherry.
Very smooth! I blended this with 2 cubes of ice.
Since the cream of coconut is sweet, I used maybe 1 ounce of lemon juice instead of sweet-and-sour mix. That's a good drink very refreshing and beautiful. Thanks Rita :) Made for Photo Tag.