Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
First Found this in a horse magazine.
- 8 slices thick turkey bacon
- 1⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- fresh ground black pepper
- 6 slices thick swiss peasant bread
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cored and thinly sliced
- thin slices sweet onion
- 8 ounces very thinly sliced smoked skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 kirby cucumbers, seeded and thinly sliced
- Start to cook the bacon so that it becomes crisp.
- In a blender or food processor puree the olives, mustard, anchovy paste, olive oil, vinegar, and garlic; season to taste with salt and pepper and adjust amount of vinegar for tang.
- Toast the bread lightly.
- Remove bacon to paper towels to drain.
- To assemble, spread each slice of bread with olive mixture, on one side only.
- Set some bacon on bottom of bread, then top with tomato and onion slices, chicken and cucumber; salt and pepper each layer lightly as you go.
- Top with bread, mayonnaise side down; repeat with second layer of fillings and finish with third slice of bread, olive mixture side down.
- Assemble the second sandwich in the same way.