Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My friends and family love this during the Holiday's.
Make and share this April's Russian Tea recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tea bags, family size (or 9 small tea bags)
- 3 quarts water (96 ounces)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (46 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen orange juice, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda brown sugar blend
- In a pot or stock pot (should hold 2 gallons), boil water and tea bags for 5 minutes (time from point that water starts to boil).
- Remove tea bags and add spices, juice, and sugar.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove and drink or refrigerate.
- Heat in microwave to desired temperature or drink cold.
Not quite sure how to rate this...4 or 5.... what I'm drinking is a 5. BUT I didn't have the Splenda brown sugar mix & i didn't replace it as I really don't think it needs any sugar added. Hence the 4, I think adding sweetener would make it very much too sweet. This is delicious! I used a cinnamon stick & about 1t whole cloves. I taste the pineapple the most & the spices come through nicely. A great bevvy to keep in the fridge for the wee ones when it's hot. I used my 6Q 'pasta pot'. This recipe yields about 4Q. Thank you! Made for My 3 Chefs 6/12.