Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fool someone with a sweet treat! This ice cream looks just like a baked potato topped with sour cream and butter...too fun!
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons whipped topping
- 1 yellow starburst candy
- Take 2 large scoops of vanilla ice cream and place on a large piece of plastic wrap. Wrap up and mold with hands into a potato shape. Put in freezer to set (about 20 minutes).
- Put cocoa powder into a bowl and roll unwrapped ice cream potato in the powder until completely covered. Slice the top of your ice cream potato and pull back edges a bit to make room for your whipped topping (Cool Whip) and Starburst candy butter. Shake off excess cocoa powder and place on a plate. Top with a dollop of Cool Whip for the "sour cream".
- Place your unwrapped yellow Starburst candy in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften - then press the edges out to make a larger "pat of butter". Top your potato and enjoy!
5 stars for cuteness! You really have to work fast because the ice cream starts to melt quickly. Good thing I had my "butter" ready!
This was NOT easy for me to pull off, but I think it's because I made my ice cream too soft. If I hadn't melted it so much, I bet it would have been a breeze. This was really adorable, completely fooled the kids after school and they devoured it. What a fun trick!