Recipe by Mom2Rose
Found this fun kids idea in the April 2006 Parents magazine. See my Fooled Ya French Fry recipe and serve them both together! Great April Fool's joke to play on someone (except those with nut allergies)!
Top Review by resenjess
Out of sliced bread and most other food in our house and desperate for something to make for DH's lunch to take to work, I found found a package of hot dot buns in the freezer and our last banana and made this. Peanut butter, banana, on a perfectly shaped bread for the job-yes! Thank you for lodging this idea in the recesses of my mind. It came up at the perfect time.
- 1 banana
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter, to taste
- 1 hot dog bun
- 1 -2 tablespoon strawberry preserves, to taste
- kiwi, chopped & peeled for relish (optional)
- Peel banana.
- Spread peanut butter evenly on banana to give it a "hot dog-like" appearance.
- Place in a hot dog bun.
- Drizzle with strawberry preserves (ketchup) and chopped kiwi (relish), if desired.