Found this fun kids idea in the April 2006 Parents magazine. See my Fooled Ya Hot Dog recipe and serve them both together! Great April Fools joke to play on someone!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel apples and cut into sticks with a crinkle cutter.
- Toss with cinnamon and sugar.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake 8-12 minutes in a 400F oven.
- Drizzle with strawberry preserves (to look like ketchup) if desired.
Made this for my desert tonight. Easy to do and taste great. I can't believe how much they actually look like french fries after you bake them. This is a great joke to pull on somebody.
Made as written. This recipe fooled *many* people. ;) Thanks for posting!
Delicious! Great trick to pull on the kids!! Tastes great too!