1/2 Photos of April Fools' Day Cheeseburger Cake
2 hrs 30 mins
Ruby Toozday's Note:
Serve "dinner" for dessert!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (18 ounce) box brownie mix
- 1/4 cup water (or as called for by your brownie mix)
- 1/2 cup oil (or as called for by your brownie mix)
- 2 eggs (or as called for by your brownie mix)
- 5 sugar cookies (4 inches wide)
- 1 (16 ounce) can vanilla frosting
- red food coloring
- yellow food coloring
- 10 spearmint candy leaves
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can milk chocolate frosting
- 1Heat oven to 350°F
- 2Grease 2 8-inch layer cake pan.
- 3Prepare the box of white cake mix and bake according to the recipe.
- 4Cool on wire racks.
- 5Invert cakes on rack after 15 minutes and let cool completely.
- 6Prepare the box of brownie mix, and bake as directed in the 8 inch layer cake pan.
- 7Cool for 15 minutes in pan, then invert and let cool completely.
- 8"Tomato Slices" Place plain cookies on a wire rack set over wax paper.
- 9Put about 1/2 cup vanilla frosting in a small saucepan.
- 10Stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
- 11Remove from heat and stir in red food coloring (and a bit of yellow if needed) until frosting is tomato colored.
- 12Brush or spoon on top and sides of cookies.
- 13Let stand at least 30 minutes until firm to the touch.
- 14"Cheese" Spoon another 1/2 cup of vanilla frosting into a small bowl.
- 15Stir in yellow food coloring (and a drop of red if needed) until cheese colored.
- 16Cover to prevent drying.
- 17"Lettuce" Sprinkle granulated sugar on a large sheet of wax paper.
- 18Working with 1 at a time, place spearmint leaves on the sugar and fold wax paper over, so the candy is sandwiched between the sugar and the wax paper.
- 19Roll with a rolling pin until flattened and edges are jagged.
- 20The candy will become very sticky, but the sugar should help it release from the wax paper.
- 21“Buns” Put remaining vanilla frosting in a medium sized bowl.
- 22Stir in milk chocolate frosting and red and yellow food coloring, little by little, until frosting is the color of a hamburger bun.
- 23Place one cake layer on a serving plate.
- 24If well-rounded, best to cut off the hump, then put it upside down for the flat top.
- 25Cover with frosting.
- 26Arrange spearmint leaf "lettuce" on top and around edges of the bottom "hamburger bun".
- 27Place brownie cake on top of the “lettuce” using spatulas.
- 28Spoon "cheese" about 1 inch from edge of top of burger, letting some run down the sides.
- 29Top with "tomato" slices.
- 30If needed, now is the time to insert toothpicks through the brownie layer (leaving at least ¼” above the tomato cookies) to keep the cake layers from sliding off!
- 31Take the cake layer that rose the most for the top “bun”.
- 32Place cake on wax paper and frost with remaining bun colored frosting.
- 33Lift onto tomato topped burger.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for April Fools' Day Cheeseburger Cake
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 920.8
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.4 mg
- Sodium 612.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 135.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 81.3 g
- Protein 6.4 g