Recipe by Lene
My sister in law, used to do a version of these delightful apricots. I've added my own little twist and come up with a dessert that my friends say is 'to die for'.
- 250 g dried apricots
- 50 g caster sugar
- 4 cracked cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 200 g creme fraiche
- 450 ml water
FOR THE PRALINE
- 75 g granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 50 g pistachio nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the apricots in alarge pan with water, the sugar, cardamom, peppercorns and lemon juice.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- remove from the heat, allow to cool, then chill for at least 2 hours.
- For the praline, place the sugar in a small pan with 1 Tbs of water.
- Heat gently, stirring until the sugar dissolves, then bring to the boil and simmer rapidly until golden brown.
- While the sugar is boiling, brush a baking sheet with a little oil and scatter the pistachios over it in an even layer, keeping them all close together.
- As soon as the caramel is golden, allow the bubbles to subside, then pour over the nuts and leave to cool and set hard.
- Then, place the praline on a board and, with a heavy knife, chop into shards.
- Divide the apricots between 6 bowls and spoon over a couple of Tbs of the cooking liquer.
- Top each serving with a spoonful of creme fraiche and decorate with the praline shards.