2 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
My sister in law, used to do a version of these delightful apricots. I've added my own little twist and come up with a dessert that my friends say is 'to die for'.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g dried apricots
- 50 g caster sugar
- 4 cracked cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 200 g creme fraiche
- 450 ml water
FOR THE PRALINE
- 1Place the apricots in alarge pan with water, the sugar, cardamom, peppercorns and lemon juice.
- 2Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3remove from the heat, allow to cool, then chill for at least 2 hours.
- 4For the praline, place the sugar in a small pan with 1 Tbs of water.
- 5Heat gently, stirring until the sugar dissolves, then bring to the boil and simmer rapidly until golden brown.
- 6While the sugar is boiling, brush a baking sheet with a little oil and scatter the pistachios over it in an even layer, keeping them all close together.
- 7As soon as the caramel is golden, allow the bubbles to subside, then pour over the nuts and leave to cool and set hard.
- 8Then, place the praline on a board and, with a heavy knife, chop into shards.
- 9Divide the apricots between 6 bowls and spoon over a couple of Tbs of the cooking liquer.
- 10Top each serving with a spoonful of creme fraiche and decorate with the praline shards.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricots With Pistachio Praline
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.8
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 19.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 43.8 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: