Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 hrs
The mascarpone mixed with orange flavor, is delicious over the poached apricots.
- 2 cups dried apricots
- 1 strip orange peel
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 2⁄3 cup sweet dessert wine (like California Muscat, North Carolina Muscadine, like Duplin)
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Place the apricots, orange peel, cinnamon stick and 3 tablespoons of the sugar in a pan and cover with 2 cups cold water. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer gently for 25 minutesm until the fruit is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in the dessert wine. Let stand until cold, then chill for at leasy 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Combine the mascarpone, orange juice, and remaining sugar in a bowl and beat well until smooth, then chill.
- Just before serving remove the cinnamon stick and orange peel, and serve with a spoonful of the prange cream sprinkled with cinnamon.