Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a typical Portuguese summer appetizer. Fast, easy and inexpensive, but at the same time very fashionable and elegant.
- Wash apricots and cut into halves.
- Take out the pits.
- Wrap each half of apricots with the strip of beacon with the aid of a toothpick and fry.
- Try not to use any more oil as the bacon already has fat (makes the appetizer less fattening). Fry for about 4-5 minutes each.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the cheese into about 20 pieces and put on the apricots. Melt the cheese in the oven until nice and bubbly.
- Serve nice and hot. Enjoy.