Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make sure the apricots are completely covered by the syrup so they don't discolor.
- 12 apricots
- 1⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups marsala
- 2 slices pared orange rind
- 1 vanilla pod, split
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream or 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- Halve and pit the apricots, then place in a bowl of boiling water for about 30 seconds. Drain well, then slip off their skins.
- Place the superfine sugar, Marsala, orange rind, vanill pod and 1 cup water in a pan. heat gently until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil, without stirring then simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the apricot halves to the pan and poach for 5-6 minutes or until just tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the apricots to a serving dish.
- Boil the syrup rapidly until reduced by half, then pour over the apricots and let cool. Cover and chill. Remove the orange rind and vanilla pod.
- Whip the cream with the confectioner's sugar and cinnamon until forms soft peaks. Fold in the yogurt. Serve in a bowl with the apricots.