Marcea Pfarner's Note:
Got these off of AOL! They are very good!! Great served with out the glazed and a little c ream
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup about 5 oz dried apricot, roughly chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cold unsalted cut small pieces
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt (regular or low-fat)
- 1/4 cup milk (whole or skim)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the glaze
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- 2Plump the apricots in one cup of very hot water for about 10 minutes. Drain, pat dry, and set aside.
- 3Whisk together the flour, baking powder and soda, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Cut the butter into the flour with your fingertips or a pastry cutter until no pieces larger than a pea remain. Add the drained apricots and toss to coat with flour.
- 4In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, yogurt, milk, and vanilla. Pour over the dry mix and use a spatula to gently combine them together. Mix just until there is no more dry flour visible in the dough.
- 5Use a 1/2-cup measure to scoop out the dough and drop it onto the baking sheet. Space the scones about an inch apart. Use floured hands to gently pat the mounds into disks or tidy up the edges.
- 6Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the scones are firm to the touch, golden on top, and browned on their bottoms. When the scones have cooled completely, whisk together the glaze ingredients and drizzle a spoonful on the top of each scone. The glaze will harden within fifteen minutes or so.
- 7Scones are best the day that they are made, but will keep in an airtight container for about three days.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Yogurt Scones
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.0
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.0 mg
- Sodium 464.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 30.9 g
- Protein 5.9 g