Prep 8 mins
Cook 50 mins
This cheesecake is a recipe rescue! A healthier cheesecake alternative. It is made without a crust, making it low in fat. But if you make it with your favorite crust it's still going to be a lot lighter than many other cheesecakes.
- 200 g chopped dried apricots
- water, to cover
- 500 g thick plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup honey or 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Place the apricots in a saucepan, just cover with water and simmer for 5 minutes until tender.
- Allow to cool.
- Place apricots and water in a mixing bowl, then stir in the yogurt, sugar or honey, flour, sultanas and eggs.
- Mix well and pour into cheesecake dish or your prepared crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until browned and set.
- Cool on a rack.
This recipe was superb: very easy to make and extremely popular with everyone. Many thanks. Fiona
This was really good and really easy to make. My kids even devoured it...thanks!