Recipe by dicentra
From TOH. This sounds lovely!! Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-12/ pounds, 16 slices).
Top Review by chillibite
Nice bread, but I was expecting more of an intense apricot flavor. Subbed 1 cup of wholewheat flour and it worked just fine. Have also made it with raisins instead of dried apricots.
- 1 cup water (70 to 80)
- 2 tablespoons water (70 to 80)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3⁄4 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).