Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
I believe this recipe came from a "Southern Living" cookbook. Everyone raved over the taste. It's a great recipe for the holiday season. The yams I used were huge, so I adjusted the portion size. You could probably stretch this out even further as a side dish with all the other foods you will be serving.
- Quarter the prepared yams and place in a buttered casserole.
- Combine brown sugar, cornstarch, orange peel, cinnamon and apricot juice in saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat until sauce thickens.
- Add apricots, butter and pecans.
- Pour over yams.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until heated through.
LOVE THOSE YAMS, & these, too, for that matter! I did cut most of the ingredients back by almost 2/3, but the last 3 (apricots, butter & toasted pecans) by only 1/2, so the resulting dish, I realize, was a little different than written! Still, IT WAS GREAT, & I'll definitely be making this (as a whole recipe!) during the upcoming winter holidays! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]