Recipe by Mamie37
This is a real "oldie"...my aunt says it was always brought out on Sundays. I'm not sure what happened after that.....
- 1 lb dried apricot
- 4 quarts water
- 6 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups seeded raisins
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 2 lemons, sliced thin
- 2 oranges, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 fresh yeast cake
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the apricots, then cut in half.
- Place in a large crock and pour on the warm water, less 1/2 cup.
- Stir in the sugars, fruit, raisins, and ginger.
- Dissolve the yeast in the remaining 1/2 cup of water.
- Add this to the crock, and mix well.
- Cover tightly, and let it stand away from direct sunlight, for thirty days, stirring every other day.
- After thirty days, strain, and bottle.