Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A nice change in a bread for snacks
Make and share this Apricot Whole Wheat Bread recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, honey, egg and oil; pour over dry ingredients. Stir just enough to moisten flour.
- Gently fold in apricots and walnuts.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan; Bake in 350° oven 60 to 70 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven; let stand on rack about 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
Dear Coffee Mom....I wanted your recipee to have a review, but to be fair, I changed the recipee to make it healthier still. I used 3/4 cup of agave syrup instead of honey( I know there is still a debate about agave syrup...), I doubled the amount of cinnamon, and I used an egg substitute. As you can see...I really did differ from your original recipee. I did keep the rest of your ingredient-measurement ratio, though. Next time I will add Vitamin C crystals to make the bread a bit more dense. I will lwt you know how it goes. I am also going to try a new product called Whey Low instead of Agave Syrup. This was an experiment that used your original recipee as a starting off point and it did turn out pretty well, inspite of the changes. As we know whole wheat is a traditionally denser bread. Gluten enhancer could be used as well, but I 'm thinking Vitamin C crystals would still be healthier. I hope you are o.k. with this review :)