Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A nice change in a bread for snacks
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup honey
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, honey, egg and oil; pour over dry ingredients. Stir just enough to moisten flour.
- Gently fold in apricots and walnuts.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan; Bake in 350° oven 60 to 70 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven; let stand on rack about 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
Dear Coffee Mom....I wanted your recipee to have a review, but to be fair, I changed the recipee to make it healthier still. I used 3/4 cup of agave syrup instead of honey( I know there is still a debate about agave syrup...), I doubled the amount of cinnamon, and I used an egg substitute. As you can see...I really did differ from your original recipee. I did keep the rest of your ingredient-measurement ratio, though. Next time I will add Vitamin C crystals to make the bread a bit more dense. I will lwt you know how it goes. I am also going to try a new product called Whey Low instead of Agave Syrup. This was an experiment that used your original recipee as a starting off point and it did turn out pretty well, inspite of the changes. As we know whole wheat is a traditionally denser bread. Gluten enhancer could be used as well, but I 'm thinking Vitamin C crystals would still be healthier. I hope you are o.k. with this review :)