Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
------Lovely crisp sweetness.------
- 397 g package puff pastry
- 155.92 g can coconut milk
- 56.69 g fine coconut
- 113.39 g dried apricots, chopped fine
- 85.04 g walnuts, rough chopped
- 85.04 g white chocolate, melted
- 118.29 ml brown sugar or 59.14 ml Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 0.25 ml salt
- 28.34 g dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Set puff pastry out to thaw at room temperature.
- While pastry is thawing make the filling:.
- Add to a small heavy pot, coconut milk, coconut, apricots, walnuts, brown sugar and lemon zest; bring to simmer, simmer and stir just until the brown sugar is melted; remove from heat, slowly add melted white chocolate while stirring; set aside to cool.
- Roll out half of the puff pastry to a 12 inch square; cut into nine squares.
- In the middle of each square place about 1 tablespoon of the apricot mixture. Moisten the four sides with water.
- Turn opposite corners over the filling to form a triangle; pinch together the two sides and place on an ungreased non stick cookie sheet, poke a hole in the top of each triangle. Bake on middle oven rack for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat with the other half of the puff pastry.
- Cool on a rack, when cool drizzle melted dark chocolate on triangles.
These are outstanding!!! Great taste and very pretty presentation. This was my first time working with puff pastry and the overall experience was great. I had one little problem, I didn't look at the ounces for the coconut milk and used a 14 oz can that I had. As I was simmering I just new that something wasn't right, so I reread the directions and realized what I had done, so I ended up tripling all the rest of the ingredients. This worked out fine and DH has happily brought treats in for everyone at work. DH and BIL both loved them and BIL took about 10 home with him too. Thanks Derf, this was a great recipe!!!