1/6 Photos of Apricot White Chocolate Turnovers
------Lovely crisp sweetness.------
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (397 g) package puff pastry
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 ounces fine coconut
- 4 ounces dried apricots, chopped fine
- 3 ounces walnuts, rough chopped
- 3 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or 1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- 2Set puff pastry out to thaw at room temperature.
- 3While pastry is thawing make the filling:.
- 4Add to a small heavy pot, coconut milk, coconut, apricots, walnuts, brown sugar and lemon zest; bring to simmer, simmer and stir just until the brown sugar is melted; remove from heat, slowly add melted white chocolate while stirring; set aside to cool.
- 5Roll out half of the puff pastry to a 12 inch square; cut into nine squares.
- 6In the middle of each square place about 1 tablespoon of the apricot mixture. Moisten the four sides with water.
- 7Turn opposite corners over the filling to form a triangle; pinch together the two sides and place on an ungreased non stick cookie sheet, poke a hole in the top of each triangle. Bake on middle oven rack for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 8Repeat with the other half of the puff pastry.
- 9Cool on a rack, when cool drizzle melted dark chocolate on triangles.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot White Chocolate Turnovers
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.3
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 75.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of