------Lovely crisp sweetness.------
Make and share this Apricot White Chocolate Turnovers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (397 g) package puff pastry
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 ounces fine coconut
- 4 ounces dried apricots, chopped fine
- 3 ounces walnuts, rough chopped
- 3 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar or 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Set puff pastry out to thaw at room temperature.
- While pastry is thawing make the filling:.
- Add to a small heavy pot, coconut milk, coconut, apricots, walnuts, brown sugar and lemon zest; bring to simmer, simmer and stir just until the brown sugar is melted; remove from heat, slowly add melted white chocolate while stirring; set aside to cool.
- Roll out half of the puff pastry to a 12 inch square; cut into nine squares.
- In the middle of each square place about 1 tablespoon of the apricot mixture. Moisten the four sides with water.
- Turn opposite corners over the filling to form a triangle; pinch together the two sides and place on an ungreased non stick cookie sheet, poke a hole in the top of each triangle. Bake on middle oven rack for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat with the other half of the puff pastry.
- Cool on a rack, when cool drizzle melted dark chocolate on triangles.