Recipe by ReeLani
These were SO good! They're not overly sweet, but so tender and yummy. My first time making scones was a big success; they disappeared really quickly at the office with many requests for the recipe!
Top Review by Kim127
My first attempt at scones and it was a good one. It took about a half hour for me to make these, but I'm kinda slow and kept rereading the directions to get it right. I also cooked them for about 25 minutes. These were a big hit, especially with me. Just a hint of sweetness, and the sugar sprinkled on at the end is a must. I would increase the amount of dried apricots to maybe a whole cup or I was thinking this would be good made with Craisins (sweetened dried cranberries). This is a keeper. Thanks!
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped dried apricot
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- granulated sugar, for topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large bowl cut together butter, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in apricots and white chocolate chips.
- Add eggs, half& half and vanilla so dough forms a ball.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead lightly 10 times.
- Divide dough into two equal portions.
- On greased baking sheets pat each portion of dough into an 8" circle, and cut each circle into 8 wedges.
- Sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- Bake about 15 minutes, until golden.
- Serve warm.