Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from Martha Stewart Kids magazine, and is used as a filling for the cakes in Recipe #. I made a half sized version of the cakes, so I only made a half recipe of this. This also made for good baby food. :) This is the darker orangey stuff in the photos.
- Put apricots and water in a medium pan. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook until very tender (45 minutes to one hour).
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer to baking sheet to cool slightly.
- Puree apricots and salt (if you are using it) in a food processor until completely smooth and the consistency of thick jam. Let cool.
- Refrigerate airtight for up to 1 day.
Very thick, and slightly bitter. Although, I loved how easy it was to prepare.